13 April 2007

BartPE: diskpart nightmare

You may get "Diskpart could not complete the operation..."
this appears when using Windows 2003 SP1 or Windows XP SP2 as source.
This is due to changes to the Dcom

If using Windows XP SP2, in the plugin folder create a folder, for example "Dispart_XPSP2", and put this file inside:
http://gollum123.free.fr/diskpart_XP/diskpart.inf
be sure to have the enable set to 1

If using Windows 2003 SP1, in the plugin folder create a folder, for example "Dispart_W2K3", and put this file inside:
http://gollum123.free.fr/diskpart_W2K3/diskpartition.inf
be sure to have the enable set to 1

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. This fix worked for me. I was trying to use diskpart using bartpe and Windows Server 2003 R2. I kept getting the error "Disk Management Services could not complete the operation" every time I tried to start Diskpart.exe under bartpe.

Anonymous said...

This worked for me also-- thanks!

Anonymous said...

This plugin just saved me a ton of work. You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thx a lot I have one week trying to solve this issue.

It worked for me I am using BartPE and Windows 2003 SP2

Anonymous said...

The Dispart_XPSP2.inf worked a treat with a PE image bassed on W2k3 Enterprise SP2. Whish I had found this yesterday would have saved a lot of time and some gray hears. Thanks for posting the solution.

elsandalos said...

Genius! I've been faffing about trying to create an alternative boot environment to BartPE which would allow me to use diskpart. Now I don't need to. This worked a treat.

cheers

Pete

elsandalos said...

Genius! I've been faffing about trying to create an alternative boot environment to BartPE which would allow me to use diskpart. Now I don't need to. This worked a treat.

cheers

Pete

Anonymous said...

Top job! Spent several days trying to fix this problem until I found this post.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip! works also with win xp sp3.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! It works. This is a gem. Thank you, thank you!! There are dozens of so called fixes out there, but this one really works. I'm using W2k3 SP2 as a build.